The App Store offers many paid and free apps, but some Apple users do not have credit cards. Fortunately, Apple allows users to download free apps from the App Store without one. There are two methods, one that is done on your computer and one that is done your device.
How-to Download Free Apps from the iTunes App Store without a Credit Card on the Computer
1. On your computer, open the App Store (Make sure you log out of your account)
2. On the right side bar, under ‘Quick Links’, click ‘Redeem’
3. Sign into your account
4. Click ‘Continue’
5. Accept the agreement
6. The ‘None’ option will now be available as the payment type
How-to Download Free Apps from the iTunes App Store without a Credit Card on the iPad
1. Sign out of your existing account if you are logged in
2. In the App Store, download a free app. You will be prompted to sign in. Make sure you ‘Create a New Apple ID’, otherwise you will not get to ‘None’ credit card option.
4. ‘Agree’ to the terms
5. Enter your account information
6. In the Billing information page, select ‘None’ (Note: this option will only appear if you create a new account)
7. Finish the rest of the account creation. Afterwards you will be able to download free apps from the App Store.